As the need for robust science increases in all industries, traditional measurement technologies are becoming obsolete. Most of today’s assays are riddled with problems, especially large error ratios. These assays quantify results based on comparative measurement, such as calibration curves, which introduce many unpredictable sources of error.
AIT is proud to introduce the solution to these errors and inaccuracies. Our patented measurement technologies, D-IDMS and D-SIDMS, are the most robust quantitative techniques in existence. The US government has declared it as the “legally-defensible quantification technique.” D-IDMS and D-SIDMS have been adopted as the gold standard of measurement throughout the United States, the European Union, and many other countries.
Direct Isotope Dilution Mass Spectrometry is the most powerful and universally adaptable analytical chemistry technique in existence. We have several unique advantages over traditional measurement technology:
- We have eliminated calibration curves, allowing for definitive (not comparative) quantification and eliminating most sources of error.
- We push the detection limit to the parts-per-trillion range while maintaining accurate quantification.
- We outperform the +/- 30% accuracy range of most traditional mass spectrometry methods with an analytical accuracy range of less than +/- 3%.
- Using our Direct Speciated Isotope Dilution Mass Spectrometry (D-SIDMS), we can accurately quantify multiple molecular species simultaneously.
- By isotopically labeling the target analyte at the time of collection, we can track and mathematically correct for transformation and degradation of analytes that occur during sampling, sample preparation, shipping, and testing. This is the basis of AIT’s “true accuracy.”